Under the patronage of The President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Working Group 2 Content and User Needs
Will address the content that is expected through an environmental information sharing network as well as identifying the user needs for global environmental information systems.
Consideration will also be given to specific data and information needs across environmental issue themes and user profiles.
Possible initial themes to be addressed by this Working Group include but are not limited to the following:
- User profiles and use case scenarios
- Assessment, Reporting and Indicators Landscape
- Content (data, information, analyses, assessments)
- Data quality and consistency validation
- Contributions of government, non-government, private sector and civil sector entities in the provision of data, products and services
- Common areas of content, across various geographic and thematic scales, based on existing reporting requirements (e.g. legislation, agreements, etc.)
- The need for designs considering incremental deployment based on capacity
- Identification of early operational wins, to demonstrate added value through collaboration
2011 Group Members
Marc Levy, CIESIN, The Earth Institute at Columbia University
Ndey Sireng Bakurin, National Environment Agency, The Gambia
Peter Viet, World Resources Institute (WRI)
David Stanners / Chris Steenmans, European Environment Agency (EEA)
Jonathan Smith, UNEP – World Conservation Monitoring Center (WCMC)
Sascha Gabizon / Hala Yousry, Women in Europe for a Common Future
Marwan Mohammed Dimashiki, Environmental Monitoring Information System of Kuwait (eMISK)
Paul Bartel, US Department of State
Nikanth Ghosh, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, India
Sandra de Carlo, Ministry of Planning, Brazil
Asma Ali Abahussain, Arabian Gulf University
Gary Foley, US EPA
Geoff Wade, ESRI
Peter Kawenhoven, University of Waikato, NZ
Simon Stuart, IUCN
A White paper demonstrating the key issues, challenges, opportunities and way forward produced by the Content and User Needs Working Group can be accessed below:
- DownloadContent and User Needs White Paper, Final
The documents contained within, and referenced on this website represent a collaboration of views and opinions presented by the Eye on Earth Community. As such any documents presented should not be considered to represent the views and opinions of any individual contributor or convening party.