Under the patronage of The President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- The Eye on Earth Declaration (En) / (Ar) was endorsed by acclamation by all 16 participating governments including, on behalf of the United Arab Emirates, H.E Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohammed Bin Fahad, Minister of Environment and Water and H.E. Razan Khalifa Al Mubarak, Secretary General, Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi.
- 8 Special Initiatives were announced on the final day of the summit representing the most critical issues relative to the availability of timely, accurate and accessible environmental and societal data by all those who need it. 5 Thematic and 3 Framework Special Initiatives.
- 5 Thematic Special Initiatives announced Eye on Water, Eye on Oceans: Blue Carbon, Eye on Biodiversity, Eye on Community Sustainability and Resiliency, Eye on Disaster Management,
- 3 Framework Special Initiatives announced; Eye on Network of Networks, Eye on Access4all, Eye on Environmental Education
Click on attachment below for more details on each of the Special Initiatives
- Over 800 students from local schools, institutes and universities visited the Eye on Earth Exhibition for Generation eYe Day, Monday 12th December 2011.
- Delegates and participants from 87 different countries convened, converged & collaborated for the inaugural Eye on Earth Summit.
- President Bill Clinton’s keynote presentation ”Embracing the common vision” to the Eye on Earth community, highlighted the need for action from the world experts to facilitate greater access to environmental and societal information – especially for emerging economies
- Geoffrey Robertson’s ‘Hypothetical’ lead 14 prominent worldwide environmental and political leaders into a fictional environmental quandary over development in their local town Utopia. By assuming imagined identities in the community and these leaders made decisions on the future of Utopia.
- DownloadEoE website - Special Initiatives Summary.pdf