Under the patronage of The President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Eye on Earth Abu Dhabi 2011 Summit Announces Official Partners
Abu Dhabi, November 27, 2011: The Eye on Earth Abu Dhabi 2011 Summit, a global meeting focused on the critical issue of greater access to environmental and societal information for policy-making, especially in emerging economies, announced its official Summit Partners.
To be held December 12-15, 2011 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, the Eye on Earth Abu Dhabi 2011 Summit is hosted by Environment Agency - Abu Dhabi (EAD), facilitated by Abu Dhabi Global Environmental Data Initiative (AGEDI) and held in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
Cathrine Armour, Programme Manager, AGEDI and Programme Director, Eye on Earth, said: “The commitment of such a distinguished and important group of companies and institutions in support of the Eye on Earth Summit, highlights how determined all those in the UAE are to ensuring that environmental and societal data is accessible to all of those who require it.”
- Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is confirmed as the official Airline Partner to the Eye on Earth Summit.
- The Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Hotel, ideally located at the mainland gateway to the city of Abu Dhabi, is confirmed as an official Summit Partner.
- Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group (ADSG), a membership-based organization whose mission is to promote sustainability principles and practices by providing learning and knowledge sharing opportunities, advocacy and policy recommendations, to government, private and not for profit organizations, is an official Summit Partner.
Contributing Summit Partners
- Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC), a public joint-stock company wholly owned by the Abu Dhabi Government, is confirmed as a Contributing Partner to the Summit.
- Abu Dhabi Systems & Information Centre (ADSIC), created to develop, drive and support the various initiatives within the Abu Dhabi Government service transformation programme, is confirmed as a Contributing Partner to the Summit.
The Eye on Earth Abu Dhabi 2011 Summit will convene world leaders and experts in environmental and societal information networking to reach consensus on solutions to greater data accessibility and encourage stakeholders to collaborate to strengthen existing data access initiatives and launch new ones. A goal of the Summit is the environmental and societal data community’s adoption of the Eye on Earth Summit Declaration – a document that will provide input to the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20)to be held in June 2012.
Confirmed attendees of the Eye on Earth Abu Dhabi 2011 Summit include UAE leadership, President Bill Clinton, Achim Steiner, UNEP Executive Director and Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations, Prof. Jacqueline McGlade, Executive Director of the European Environment Agency, Jack Dangermond, President of Esri and Lelei Lelaulu, Chairman, Foundation for the Peoples of the South Pacific International (FSPI). An Eye on Earth Exhibition will showcase the latest developments in environmental information and technology.
For more information, please visit www.eyeonearthsummit.org